Saturday 7 March 2015

Does a Slow Carb Diet actually work?


Over the last few years I have been on almost every diet - Dukan, South Beach, 1000 Calories, Atkins, you name it and I have probably tried it. Unfortunately, the results were always similar. I would have lost weight then gained it all back, lose it and then put it back on again and so this is still an ongoing battle.

And so, recently I have noticed, that when I look through Facebook, more and more of my friends go on a diet too, but manage to have better results. Obviously proven with their multiple selfies of their beautifully sculpted bodies, lean bellies, etc. And then, the internet in its own right is full of it too, showing celebs and other successful stories everywhere. Probably, you too have seen pictures of people, who lost tens of kilograms and now they look like Holywood stars just few months after restrictive dieting. So while I am feasting on my last cup of ice cream, I must say that these pictures before and after make a huge impression on me. Ok, I must admit, I envy ALL of them! So how did they do it?!



I have read a little about the latest trends in dieting. Also, I have contacted some of my friends whom I have seen have had a better luck dieting. This has let me to take upon this 30 - day challenge and I’ll go on a Slow Carb diet! The time has come for me to take care of myself!


Have you heard anything about this diet? Ever since it has been published, it became at once very popular. It was created by Tim Ferriss, the author of the “The 4 Hour Body” book. The diet is based on couple simple rules:
1. Every day you can eat only: lean meats, beans, and veggies but no white foods like sugar, pasta, rice, cheese or bread.
2. You can't eat fruit. Only tomatoes and avocados are allowed in moderation.
3. Don’t drink calories. No Pepsi, Coca Cola or orange juice. 1 glass of red wine is okay, but the best option is to stick with water with lemon or herbal teas.
4. The most beautiful thing about this diet is that one day a week you can eat whatever your heart desires. Pizzas, sweets, ice creams, fruits are then unlimited! One more thing, the breakfast on this "cheat day" needs to comply with the diet.

This seems easy enough and so I say: no problem and bring on the challenge!

Anna, here’s a question for you: why don’t you join me? :-)

2 comments:

  1. Point number 4 sounds good :) Good luck. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you cheeky monkey... bringing me into your dieting! Is this your way of telling me I need to lose some weight? :-) but seriously, I've been thinking and even considering it, but in the end I find it soooo restricting. I don't know! Living in the country of bread, butter, cheese and wine doesn't help, really! So today, I've redone some research into 5:2 diet, that I'm thinking of restarting. Will let you where I stand with this in a bit of time.
    But I'm interested to know how are you doing with the slow carb? Still motivated? Any results? Love ya and let me know how are things with you!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete